- Login / Register
How-To’s and Guides
UK Parcel Delivery
European Parcel Delivery
Here at Postage Supermarket, we offer a service that gives you true peace of mind that your parcel will arrive on time and in good condition. Not only that, we have even partnered with some of the worlds largest couriers to offer you the same service they made their reputation with, but discounted by up to 80%! This is great for sending one or two parcels to a friend or family, but there can be hundreds and thousands saved for businesses that frequently send items to Romania and around the world!
So, get started and recieve your instant shipping quote using the tool above! Keep on reading for information on regulations, tips on sending parcels and answers to some of the most popular questions we get.
High-quality, low-cost shipping to Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca and beyond
With incredible culture and iconic landmarks, Romania is a fantastic travel destination, meaning there's a considerable demand for posting packages to loved ones and customers based there.
Our aim at Postage Supermarket is to make the international delivery process as quick and reliable as possible, with heavily discounted prices that never come at the cost of service quality. Our prices are up to 80% cheaper than other providers in some cases! Partnering with our team and our wide variety of couriers we will help you to tailor the perfect postal package that is suited to you. Below, you can find some of our most trusted partners available at your disposal:
Flexible delivery services for Romania
Not being home when a delivery is due to arrive is sometimes difficult to work around. For that reason, our couriers can also provide a pick-up service. What this means is that we can have the package delivered to a local pick-up point located near to your recipient's home. This allows for more flexibility for the individual receiving your package, as they can be away running errands or in the office and then collect the package from their local spot when the time suits them. This is a service that runs throughout our international postage and also our UK delivery services.
Postage rates for Romania
To get an exact look at how much your delivery fees will be, enter the weight and dimensions of your parcel into our quote builder above. However, you can find some average prices for weights from 1Kg to 10Kg below:
Prices from £20.83 +VAT
Book your parcel to Romania with Postagesupermarket and save.
Useful information for sending parcels to Romania
Below you can find relevant information when sending a parcel to Romania.
How to write the address for deliveries to Romania
Just like posting within the UK, you need to ensure you address the parcel correctly. This prevents any issues during delivery once the package has entered the country. please find an example of how to address a package below:
- - The full name of the recipient
- - The street name followed by the number of the house (you might also need to include the block, entrance, floor, and apartment name)
- - Postcode followed by the town name
- - County/Sector
- - 'Romania'
How to package parcels
Due to the long distances packages can succumb to damage over time. For that reason, packaging your parcel is incredibly important. Below are some tips on how to improve the integrity and safety of your package.
- - Use appropriately sized packaging which leaves minimal open space around your items.
- - If you have open space use some filling materials such as air packets or packing peanuts
- - Use strong adhesive tape and be GENEROUS
- - If you have fragile items in your parcel make sure to use protective materials. A good example of this is bubble wrap
Details on specific couriers
Below, you can find courier-specific information that may relate to your package.
Use the quick quote system above to obtain your quote.
Many of our companies allow a collection or drop off service.
Please click here to use our Drop Off Point locator to find your nearest one and opening times
Protect your parcel up to the value of £2,500 on top of the standard £50 transit cover.
- Reliable road courier service into Europe.
- This service offers a maxium parcel weight of 30KG.
- Delivery signatures are captured electronically for increased security and peace of mind.
- Parcelforce offer £50 inclusive transit cover.
- Slightly lower transit times than air express services but at a much cheaper price.
- Fully tracked consignments with the option of SMS delivery notification.
- You can drop your parcel(s) off at any Parcelforce depot or Post Office.
- Collections are also available from any UK address - usually available the same day (if booked before midday) .
- Transit times are very competitive with a typical rate of 2-4 working days.
- you can upgrade this with our Extra Cover is available up to a value of £2,500.
- Landmark are the international delivery division of Belgium's national postal service.
- We offer a range of services, with differing prices and delivery times.
- Ideal, cost effective service when you are happy to have slightly longer transit times.
- Save time as well as money by using a drop-off point to send your parcel .
- Standard £50 parcel cover is provided - like almost all our courier partners.
- You can cover the total cost of your postage and goods to a maxiumum of £2500 with our extra cover.
- Your consignment travels to our parcel hub in Kent first - we receive your parcel and then forward to it's destination using Landmark.
- We manually check your parcels, complete any customs paperwork and then Landmark perform the delivery to your destination country.
- Delivery times are higher than express services, but at a much lower price.
- Great postage rates up to 25Kg - volumetric pricing is in force for all Landmark services.
- Online tracking available.
DPD European Classic Service
- Cost effective European road courier rates.
- Individual parcel tracking.
- SMS notifications available for delivery.
- Significantly lower cost than air services or other "Express" deliveries.
DHL Euro Plus
DHL International Express
- Gold standard air express service.
- Reach your customers, colleagues, your familly and friends quickly with DHL Express.
- Global coverage - Europe and Worldwide.
- DHL parcels never leave the DHL network - this can make customs clearance quicker.
- We tend to find that the majority of parcels arrive in Europe the next working day.
- Online, real-time tracking.
- Proof of delivery is aquired electronically to make sure your consignment ends up where is it meant to go, and to who it is destined for.
- Extra Cover is available - protect your parcel and postage cost up to a value of £2,500.
- This service delivers worldwide (and also imports worldwide) using road and air services.
- Exremely popular and stress free service ideal for large or heavy items.
- Perfect solution if you need to import parcels from inside the EU or many other collection countries around the globe.
- Door-to-door parcel delivery.
- Reliable, up-to-date online tracking.
- TNT operate a air and road service - this means you get great value for your money.
- Extra Cover is available up to a value of £2,500.
TNT Economy Express
Frequently asked questions about sending to Romania
What is the cheapest way to send a parcel to Romania?
Due to our variety of different couriers available to you, we can scan throughout the industry to find the best possible deals for sending parcels to Romania. By entering the weight and dimensions of your parcel into our quote builder we can tailor the perfect delivery for you. However, be aware that if you are willing to pay more you are more likely able to use a more premium service that will deliver your parcel quicker for you.
How much does it cost to send a 2Kg parcel?
According to our quote builder, you can send your parcel that weighs 2 kg for as little as £20.83. If you are looking to have your parcel delivered through a premium service the price can jump slightly.
How do I calculate shipping costs?
Calculating shipping costs is very easy. To begin with, you will need to weigh your parcel and calculate the dimensions. Once you have done that, enter the details of the parcel into the quote builder at the top of the page. This will provide you with tailored quotes specifically for you and your package, with each courier's different fees available instantly.