- Login / Register
How-To’s and Guides
UK Parcel Delivery
European Parcel Delivery
A neighbouring country to Australia, New Zealand is hard to reach from some major countries, so sending parcels to a customer or loved one that lives there can seem like a daunting task. The good news is that we strive to provide you with a full-service postage process, cutting down on the price of shipping and the timescales from postage to delivery.
Get started and build a quick quote using the system above! Want to know more about the current regulations or some postage tips for sending to New Zealand? Then take a look below, where we give you some sample prices, answer some popular questions and more!
High-quality, low-cost shipping to New-Zealand
With New Zealand's incredible countryside and top agricultural industry, millions call it home. Just like every nation, when sending a parcel, you need to consider the different regulations and never-ending post office queue.
Well, here at Postal Supermarket we aim to minimize any headaches making the process as painless as possible. With incredibly fast delivery times and heavily discounted prices, our customer service team will help to tailor the perfect quote for you. This is also with the added benefit of providing a wide range of couriers that we are partnered with.
Flexible delivery services for New-Zealand
We understand how busy you are, which is why we've designed a process that can fit into any schedule. This efficiency doesn't just stand for our flexible UK service either, as the same goes for our international postage services, too. What do we mean by flexible? This means if you are aware that the person receiving your parcel won't be home or is home at irregular times we can have the parcel delivered to a local pick-up point for them. This allows the recipient to collect the package from a local shop at a time that best suits them!
Due to lengthy travel, it's fair to assume your package will pass through a few hands. For your peace of mind, we also offer a £50 cover for most parcels in case the package is lost.
Postage rates for New-Zealand
One of the main factors you need to consider when determining the cost of shipping is the weight and sometimes the dimensions of the parcel. Below you will find examples of pricing based on the different weight of parcels. If you would like more exact pricing please refer to the quote builder above.
Prices from £36.28
Book your parcel to New Zealand with Postagesupermarket and save.
Useful information for sending parcels to New-Zealand
Below, you can find industry-based information that will be useful when posting a parcel to New Zealand.
How to write the address for deliveries to New Zealand
Due to the majority of New Zealand's land being rural, you will find that address parcels differently based on whether the destination is in the suburbs or a countryside area. Below you will find the rules to follow when addressing your parcel.
- - Name of recipient
- - The street number followed by the name
- - Name of Suburb
- - Town or City followed by the postcode
- - 'New Zealand'
If it's a rural address, replace the name of the suburb for the 'rural delivery number' (e.g. RD 2)
How to package Parcels
When posting parcels, especially to New Zealand where your package may be travelling a great distance, you must package your parcel securely. Below you will find some useful tips on how to package your parcel to avoid content or packaging damage.
- - Use appropriately sized packaging to avoid any free space.
- - If you cannot avoid some open space in the package make sure to fill it with packing peanuts or other filler materials.
- - If the package contains valuable or fragile items, ensure you wrap it in protective packing materials (ie. bubble wrap).
- - Ensure you use good quality tape when packing your parcel to avoid wear and tear on transit.
Details on specific couriers
Below, you can find courier-specific information that may relate to your package.
Use the quick quote system above to obtain your quote.
Many of our companies allow a collection or drop off service.
Please click here to use our Drop Off Point locator to find your nearest one and opening times
Protect your parcel up to the value of £2,500 on top of the standard £50 transit cover.
Please be aware that destinations outside the EU will require commercial invoices to be prepared to travel with the parcel(s).
We can help you with this but it is a legal requirement to allow the goods to pass through customs.
- Landmark have been delivering parcels worldwide for over ten years - they are the international division of Belgium's postal service.
- Landmark handle over 3.9 billion parcels every year.
- Delivery times are significantly higher than express services, but at a much cheaper rate.
- Collection or drop-off service available.
- Standard parcel cover of £50, which is upgradeable to £2500 with our extra cover.
- This is a two-legged service - we receive your parcel at our parcel hub in Kent, and then forward to it's destination using Landmark.
- No customs forms to complete! We do all this for you at our parcel hub in Kent.
- Send parcels up to 25Kg in actual weight - volumetric pricing is in force for all Landmark services.
- Ideal for non time-sensitive parcels.
- Tracking available for all legs of your parcels.
- A reliable air postal service to the majority of countries outside Europe and to P.O Boxes.
- Book, print the barcode label and drop your parcel off at a Parcelforce depot or Post Office, at a time that is convenient to you.
- Book a Collection from your work or home address for a day that suits you.
- Your parcel’s largest side can be no longer than 150cm with a combined girth no greater than 300cm.
- Inclusive Standard Liability Cover of £50 with the courier for loss/damage.
- Extra Cover is available.
DHL International Express
- Our top air express service from the established and trusted courier DHL.
- Door-to-door service handled exclusively by DHL.
- Typical transit times to popular destinations can be as low as 48 hours (Europe, USA, Canada).
- We tend to find that parcels arrive in Europe the next working day.
- Very fast and careful service, ideal for time-sensitive parcels or high value or sensitive consignments.
- Extra Cover is available - protect your parcel and postage cost up to a value of £2,500.
- - Collect Plus, DPD, Landmark Global, Parcelforce- £50 for loss and damage (Restrictions apply)
- - TNT: £50 for LOSS ONLY (Restrictions apply)
- - DHL UK: No standard liability cover with any DHL UK services
Frequently asked questions about sending to New-Zealand
Below you will find questions that are frequently asked by individuals who have sent or considered sending a parcel to New Zealand.
What if my package is lost in transit?
Most couriers that we use for our services offer a standard liability cover up to a figure of, usually, £50. However, during the purchase of the quote, you might find you can upgrade the cover amount.
Below you will find what is included within the standard liability cover:
Please keep in mind that this cover is offered directly from the courier you decide to with. Therefore, you will need to go to them directly if you have any issues with your parcel on transit.
How long will my parcel take to arrive in New Zealand?
This solely depends on the quote you decide to use. When you place the weight and dimensions of your parcel into the quote builder at the top of the page you will find a variety of different shipment methods. All these methods have different delivery times and prices. If you are willing to pay for a more premium service, it can take as little as 5-7 days to deliver a parcel!
What items do I need to declare when shipping to New Zealand?
Unless the package only contains letters, any items will have to be declared through a declaration sticker. This sticker will provide the New Zealand customs department with a description of the weight, size, and contents (ie. plants, food, animal products, etc.) of your parcel. The good news is during the process of your shipment order the courier or ourselves can support you with providing any documentation you might need!