How-To’s and Guides
UK Parcel Delivery
European Parcel Delivery
- Get a Quote|||
Frequently Asked Questions
Our Most Commonly Asked Questions
Where can I drop my parcel off when using one of your "Drop Off" services?
You can find a list of all the drop off points near a certain postcode by using our drop off locator
Can I specify a collection time for your courier collect services?
Unfortunately not, you can only specify a collection date. Specific times are not available to request with our couriers. Collections can be anytime up until 8pm on the date you request, although most collections occur between 8am and 6pm.
Can you deliver items to the UK from abroad?
Yes this is possible. Simply select which country you wish your goods are to be collected from in the quick quote section on our website, and complete the parcel details. This will then show you the services we can offer you.
Do you only deliver boxes?
We can offer you a service to deliver most items. If the our website does not give you a price due to your consignment being too large or heavy, please contact us through our contact form and our special services team will contact you.
Will postagesupermarket contact me if my collection fails?
- Postagesupermarket is the broker, not the collecting agent. In the rare event of a failed collection, please contact us.
- Please contact us if your collection fails. This is a very rare event, however if it does occur, we will re book your collection for when is convenient for you.
- For further information on failed collections please see our Failed Collection page.
What is classed as a prohibited item?
Will I have to pay customs charges when I send a consignment?
- With the services we offer, the recipient, person who you are sending your goods, is liable for any customs charges incurred.
- If there are any duties to be paid, the customs authorities in the country you are sending to will contact the receiver, and will normally generally hold the parcel until the duties have been paid.
- Postagesupermarket have no involvement in this process.
How can I help my parcel clear customs easily?
- On items travelling to or from outside of the EU or the Canary Islands, Commercial Invoices will be required.
- Please ensure that you complete the Commerical Invoices completely in order for your goods to clear through Customs as efficiently as possible.
- For further guidance on completing Commerical Invoices please visit our Commercial Invoice Advice page.
My consignment has arrived damaged. What do I do?
- Unfortautely, on rare occasions items can become damaged in transit with the couriers.
- In these instances please contact us within 24 hours in order for us to submit a claim with the courier within their allocated time frames.
- Please see our Terms and Conditions page for all the details you will need to process your claim.
- Remember that TNT will not cover damage to parcels, only loss.
- Please click here for more information
I do not like booking online; can I do it over the phone?
- Unfortunately, we are unable to take bookings over the phone for security reasons.
- If postagesupermarket offers you a service for your parcel when you get a quote, you must book the collection online.
- In order to keep prices down, we are unable to take bookings over the phone.
- In the rare instance that the website does not offer you a price, please contact our special services team via the contact form, and they will contact you.
Will I need a printer?
- The majority of our services require a printer.
- Once your consignment has been booked for collection Postagesupermarket will send all the paperwork you need via email, this will also be avaliable to download online from your account area.
- You will need to print your documentation off and attach to your parcel following the instructions given.
- If the documentation is not attached then the driver may refuse to collect your goods and a failed collection charge may be incurred.
- Please look out for the printer required logo during the booking process, to see whether a printer is required for the service you are selecting.
I placed my order 2 hours ago and still have no email with dockets attached?
- Your email with your documents attached will always be sent to you within 12 hours of you making your order on weekdays, and 48 hours if ordering at weekends or bank holidays.
- If you have made a booking before 11.30am on a normal working day, and requested a same day collection for the same day, then you should receive your email within an hour.
- If you do not receive your email within these time frames, please contact us using the contact forms.
I'm not sure of the exact weight and size of my parcel?
- Please do not place your order if you are unsure of the weight or size of your consignment.
- If you enter the wrong details at the time of ordering, you will be charged the extra additional postage cost and an additional administration fee of £15.00 plus VAT.
How should I package my item?
- Your consignment must be professionally packaged and boxed, for guidance please see our Packing Advice page.
- If the driver is not happy with the packaging, he/she can refuse to take your consignment.
- In some cases, the couriers may return the goods if the goods are insufficiently packaged. In these cases, a return charge will also be applied.