How-To’s and Guides
UK Parcel Delivery
European Parcel Delivery
- Get a Quote|||
What you can ship, and what you can't!
All of our services shall not be required or caused to carry or convey anything if such carriage or conveyance would be unlawful.
Any consignment sent via postagesupermarket must be packed to a professional standard. Please see our Packing advice page for guidance. If these guidelines are not adhered to, any claim you may need to make may be invalid.
The following items are prohibited from shipment with all our services. If any of these items are sent, you should expect surcharges, delays or confiscation by authorities where appropriate. These items are not covered by any form of transit cover. If you are in any doubt as to the suitability of your goods to our services, please contact us via our contact form before placing your order.
- Batteries- No batteries or items containing Batteries
- Glass- No glass items, including mirrors or items containing glass.
- Liquids- No liquids of any variety, including make-up such as mascara and lip gloss, shower gel, lotions and creams
- Flammable goods- No flammable items including flammable liquids, lighters, perfume or aftershave, nail varnish or nail varnish remover, adhesives or paint, fuel or oil.
- Dense goods- No dense goods that can not be identified through screening, items which typically cause issues include: lead, lead glass, machinery and car parts, some jewellery, metal mesh, bowlng balls etc.
- Magnets- No magnets or goods containing magnets
- No segway/ Hoverboards
- Furniture- No furniture can be sent unless it is flatpacked
- Mattresses- No matteresses of any size or variety
- White goods- No white goods such as fridges, dishwashers, washing machines, ovens, microwaves etc
- Any type of toner or ink- including cartridges for photocopiers, printers, fax machines or any other machine of this type.
- Fire Extinguishers / Pressurised containers / Aerosol Cans (deodorant etc)/ Tyres / Airbags
- Engines or car parts containing any trace of oil or fumes.
- Items containing any trace of oil or fumes.
- Animal skins / furs / Ivory and ivory products
- Dangerous goods / Hazardous materials / Fireworks
- Firearms / Imitation Weapons or munitions / Knives / Swords
- Plants / Seeds / Live animals
- Passports / Birth certificates / Money / Negotiable items / Payment cards
- Tobacco and tobacco products / Drugs / Medicines / Alcohol, including wine.
- Goods moving under ATA Carnet and all temporary exports and imports
- Goods moving under FCR, FCT and CAD (Cash Against Document).
- Shipments with inherent vice, which by their nature are likely to soil, impair or damage persons, merchandise or equipment.
- Goods, the carriage of which is prohibited by law in the country of origin, transit or destination (eg. Ivory and ivory products), goods which attract excise duty (eg. Spirits) or which require special facilities, safety precautions or permits.
- Under applicable law, certain goods may be transported only under prescribed conditions and certain goods are prohibited from transportation by air (eg. Liquids in glass containers).
Specific to CollectPlus, but not exclusive to them
- CollectPlus will not carry gases, pyrotechnics, arms and ammunition or corrosive, toxic, flammable, explosive, oxidising or radioactive materials or any other noxious, dangerous or hazardous goods or goods likely to cause damage.
- CollectPlus will not, without specific written agreement, carry works of art, artwork, musical instruments, ceramics, deeds, tender documents, documents of every kind including passports, stamps, securities, vouchers, money, prescribed drugs, precious metals, livestock, liquids, foodstuffs, perishable goods, glass, bullion, coins, precious stones, fossils, stoneware, resin items, amber, composites, valuable jewellery, valuable antiques or plants or plant seeds or derivatives
Specific to TNT, but not exclusive to them
- TNT will not carry Televisions / Plasma and TFT screens
- Canoes / Kayaks
- Real Christmas Trees
- Tyres within the UK and Wheels if not boxed.
- TNT will not carry large gym equipment- for example treadmills or rowing machines
Specific to Parcelforce, but not exclusive to them
- Parcelforce will not carry car bumpers/ spoilers/ body panels
The following items are restricted and are and sent at your own risk. These items are not covered for loss or damage with any of our couriers and Extra Cover does not cover these items for loss or damage.
- Articles of exceptional value- i.e. Works of art, Antiques, Precious Stones, Jewellery, Perishable goods
- "Breakable" plastic items (such as plastic lenses, car headlamps etc) cannot be covered for damage
- Electrical items- For example but not exclusively: Televisions, Plasma and TFT screens, Laptops, Computers, Monitors, PDAs, Mobile Telephones, I-PODS, Computer Software, Computer Chips, CPUs, Circuit Boards
- Electrical goods that are deemed as "not working" on arrival are excluded from our Extra Cover as it cannot be proven that the item(s) were working on despatch. COMPUTERS WITH PORNOGRAPHIC MATERIAL ON WILL BE DESTROYED
- Ceramic / Marble / China / Stone / Slate / Resin / Porcelain etc.
- Documentation, coursework or paperwork of any variety
- Unaccompanied Baggage / Suitcases - THESE ITEMS MUST BE BOXED IF SENT VIA OUR COURIERS.
- Ceramic / Marble / China / Stone / Slate / Resin / Porcelain/ Acrylic and such like materials
- Fibreglass Products
- Baby formula sent to China maybe destroyed by customs. In this event we will not be able to claim for loss.
- Any food items to USA MUST be accompanied by FDA forms. Contact us for details.