- Login / Register
How-To’s and Guides
UK Parcel Delivery
European Parcel Delivery
Prices from £33.53
Send a Parcel to Australia
Home to kangaroos, Kylie Minogue and some of the nicest coastlines on the planet, Australia is loved all over the world. Often referred to as 'down under' because of how far it is from the United Kingdom, you might think sending parcels there would be difficult. In fact, we have made deliveries to Australia as quick and straightforward as they always should have been!
High quality, low-cost shipping to Australia
Our quick quote tool above will show you that sending a parcel to Australia doesn't have to be expensive. A lower fee shouldn't equal a lower quality of service, either. This is why we're happy to offer the same services of the huge companies you know and trust like Landmark, Collect Plus and more - but at a fraction of the price. These companies include:
We can do this because Postage Supermarket has a special partner status with those brands, meaning we can save you up to 80% on your delivery fees. Same process, same quality, lower price.
Delivery services you can trust
Our hands-on approach means that we can help with the paperwork when necessary, while our support team has years of experience to assist when answering any questions you may have about the process.
We've also worked hard to make a service this large as flexible as possible. This means that we can provide deliveries either straight to someone's door, or to a drop off point if they're often out of their home. To help you with that peace of mind even more, we even offer £50 cover for free with most of our deals.
Useful information about postage to Australia
Below, we have provided some information that may assist you with your deliveries.
Restricted items list
The following is a list of items that are either difficult to send or are completely restricted from sending to Australia:
- - Meat products of any description
- - Cosmetics with toxic materials
- - Dog collars
- - Cultural heritage goods
- - Laser pointers
- - Lighters
- - Tobacco
- - Wine and brandy
There are several more restricted items, so we would refer you to the official Australia Border Force website for further information.
How to address a package to Australia
Different countries have their own expectations for how their deliveries should be addressed, and Australia is no different. Below is a breakdown of how your package should be addressed:
- FIRST LINE: The name of the recipient (Ms Laura Clarke)
- SECOND LINE: Home number and street address (24 Surrey Road). If they live in a building complex, it would need to be addressed like: (Floor 5, 32 Surrey Road)
- THIRD LINE: The name of the town, city or suburb followed by their state name as an abbreviation and their four-digit postcode - all in capitals (BRISBANE QLD 4034)
- FOURTH LINE: The name of the country (AUSTRALIA)
The cheapest way to send a parcel to Australia
If delivery time is not a priority, then you can save a lot of money when sending a parcel to Australia. This means that if you plan ahead and book your delivery for two weeks before you want it to arrive as opposed to two days before, you can make massive savings. If speed is a priority, then several other services will get your delivery to Australia faster.
Details on specific couriers
Below, you can find courier-specific information that may relate to your package.
Please be aware that destinations outside the EU will require commercial invoices to be prepared to travel with the parcel(s).
We can help you with this but it is a legal requirement to allow the goods to pass through customs.
- Landmark are the international delivery division of Belgium's national postal service.
- We offer a range of services, with differing prices and delivery times.
- Ideal, cost effective service when you are happy to have slightly longer transit times.
- Save time as well as money by using a drop-off point to send your parcel .
- Standard £50 parcel cover is provided - like almost all our courier partners.
- You can cover the total cost of your postage and goods to a maxiumum of £2500 with our extra cover.
- Your consignment travels to our parcel hub in Kent first - we receive your parcel and then forward to it's destination using Landmark.
- We manually check your parcels, complete any customs paperwork and then Landmark perform the delivery to your destination country.
- Delivery times are higher than express services, but at a much lower price.
- Great postage rates up to 25Kg - volumetric pricing is in force for all Landmark services.
- Online tracking available.
- Quick, efficient and reliable air express parcel service to the majority of countries outside Europe and to P.O Boxes.
- Save time as well as money by using our drop off Parcelforce International serice - simply take your parcels to any Parcelforce depot or Post Office, at a time that is convenient to you.
- Standard cover of £50 for your parcel is included as standard.
- Extra Cover is available when you are booking your parcel. Fully protect your parcel and cost of postage up to a value of £2,500.
- Collections are also available from your work or home address on a day that suits you.
- Same day collection is normally available as long as your parcel(s) are booked before midday.
TNT Economy Express
- This service delivers worldwide (and also imports worldwide) using road and air services.
- Average transit times - most International destinations deliver within 7-10 working days.
- Perfect solution for large or heavy items.
- If you need to import parcels from inside the EU or many other collection countries around the globe then this is the ideal service for you.
- TNT deliver door-to-door.
- Reliable, up-to-date online tracking.
- TNT operate a air and road service - this means you get great value for your money.
- Extra Cover is available up to a value of £2,500.
DHL International Express
- Our top air express service from the established and trusted courier DHL.
- Door-to-door service handled exclusively by DHL.
- Typical transit times to popular destinations can be as low as 48 hours (Europe, USA, Canada).
- We tend to find that parcels arrive in Europe the next working day.
- Very fast and careful service, ideal for time-sensitive parcels or high value or sensitive consignments.
- Extra Cover is available - protect your parcel and postage cost up to a value of £2,500.