- Login / Register
How-To’s and Guides
UK Parcel Delivery
European Parcel Delivery
Prices from £37.33
Send a Parcel to Australia
Home to kangaroos, Kylie Minogue and some of the nicest coastlines on the planet, Australia is loved all over the world. Often referred to as 'down under' because of how far it is from the United Kingdom, you might think sending parcels there would be difficult. In fact, we have made deliveries to Australia as quick and straightforward as they always should have been!
High quality, low-cost shipping to Australia
Our quick quote tool above will show you that sending a parcel to Australia doesn't have to be expensive. A lower fee shouldn't equal a lower quality of service, either. This is why we're happy to offer the same services of the huge companies you know and trust like Landmark, Collect Plus and more - but at a fraction of the price.
We can do this because Postage Supermarket has a special partner status with those brands, meaning we can save you up to 80% on your delivery fees. Same process, same quality, lower price.
Delivery services you can trust
Our hands-on approach means that we can help with the paperwork when necessary, while our support team has years of experience to assist when answering any questions you may have about the process.
We've also worked hard to make a service this large as flexible as possible. This means that we can provide deliveries either straight to someone's door, or to a drop off point if they're often out of their home. To help you with that peace of mind even more, we even offer £50 cover for free with most of our deals.
Useful information about postage to Australia
Below, we have provided some information that may assist you with your deliveries.
Restricted items list
The following is a list of items that are either difficult to send or are completely restricted from sending to Australia:
- - Meat products of any description
- - Cosmetics with toxic materials
- - Dog collars
- - Cultural heritage goods
- - Laser pointers
- - Lighters
- - Tobacco
- - Wine and brandy
There are several more restricted items, so we would refer you to the official Australia Border Force website for further information.
How to address a package to Australia
Different countries have their own expectations for how their deliveries should be addressed, and Australia is no different. Below is a breakdown of how your package should be addressed:
- FIRST LINE: The name of the recipient (Ms Laura Clarke)
- SECOND LINE: Home number and street address (24 Surrey Road). If they live in a building complex, it would need to be addressed like: (Floor 5, 32 Surrey Road)
- THIRD LINE: The name of the town, city or suburb followed by their state name as an abbreviation and their four-digit postcode - all in capitals (BRISBANE QLD 4034)
- FOURTH LINE: The name of the country (AUSTRALIA)
The cheapest way to send a parcel to Australia
If delivery time is not a priority, then you can save a lot of money when sending a parcel to Australia. This means that if you plan ahead and book your delivery for two weeks before you want it to arrive as opposed to two days before, you can make massive savings. If speed is a priority, then several other services will get your delivery to Australia faster.
Details on specific couriers
Below, you can find courier-specific information that may relate to your package.
Please be aware that destinations outside the EU will require commercial invoices to be prepared to travel with the parcel(s).
We can help you with this but it is a legal requirement to allow the goods to pass through customs.
- Landmark deliver to almost any desitination worldwide.
- This is a two-legged service - your parcels travel to our hub in Kent, then are checked and forwarded to thier destination with Landmark.
- Cost-effective service delivering parcels into Europe and worldwide.
- Standard parcel cover of £50, which is upgradeable to £2500 with our extra cover.
- Send parcels up to 25Kg in actual weight - volumetric restrictions do however apply.
- Online tracking for both legs of your parcel.
- Choose to have your parcel collected, or drop it off at a drop-off point.
- Economy service - transit times are significantly higher than express services, but at a much lower cost.
- Quick, efficient and reliable air express parcel service to the majority of countries outside Europe and to P.O Boxes.
- Drop your parcel off at a Parcelforce depot or Post Office, at a time that is convenient to you.
- Book a Collection from your work or home address on a day that suits you.
- Same day collection is normally available as long as your parcel(s) are booked before midday.
- Parcelforce include standard liability cover of £50 for loss/damage.
- Extra Cover is available to fully protect your parcel and cost of postage, up to a value of £2,500.
DHL International Express
- Excellent air express service from the world leading courier DHL.
- Our premier offering from DHL.
- Typical transit times to popular destinations can be as low as 48 hours (Europe, USA, Canada).
- Very fast service, ideal for small to medium parcels.
- Although we do not guarantee it, the large majority of parcels sent to Europe and USA achieve next working day delivery.
- Extra Cover is available.