- Login / Register
How-To’s and Guides
UK Parcel Delivery
European Parcel Delivery
The UK has a population of around 1.4 million Indian citizens. Therefore, it's not hard to believe that there will be a lot of individuals wanting to send packages to loved ones and customers in India. Here we are going to help you to get an understanding of how much it might cost and help you stay up to date with any information you might need to know when considering sending a parcel.
With the help of both our great customer service team and our huge variety of popular couriers, we can help you to tailor the perfect shipping package.
High-quality, low-cost shipping to Mumbai, Goa and beyond
With India having 17.7% of the world population within their borders we aim to provide the cheapest and quickest services possible with our quick and easy quoting tool you will find above. We appreciate that there can be concerns over the timescales of getting a parcel to India due to the distance however by taking a glance at our tool you will see that it could take less than 7 days to get your parcel delivered.
We provide some of the most heavily discounted services of up to 80%. Below you will find some of our most trusted couriers that deliver to India.
Flexible delivery services for India
Just like our UK service, we can offer the option of having your package delivered to a local pick-up point close to the person you are sending the package to. This benefits the situation where the recipient might not be home to accept the package. This runs through our entire international network. When you are completing your quote you will be able to choose whichever option is easier whether it is the pick-up service or delivering directly to your recipient's door.
Postage rates for India
Due to the extremely long distance to India, prices can be more expensive than say, sending a parcel to a neighbouring country in Europe. With that being said our quick quote builder will find the cheapest possible quotes from our trusted courier services. Below you will find examples of prices you might find, based on different weights. When determining the price of shipping, the factor that can majorly affect the cost will be the weight. Please have your weight and dimensions to hand when you are building a quote.
Prices from £29.13
Book your parcel to India with Postagesupermarket and save.
Useful information for sending parcels to India
Please find below, the information you might find useful when sending your parcel to India.
How to write the address for deliveries to India
Below you will find the format that you will need to follow in regards to addressing your packaging. By doing this it will ensure there are no issues on transit in regards to the package being delivered to the incorrect address.
- - Name of recipient
- - Number/Name of the house followed by the street's name
- - Name of the locality
- - Town/City Name
- - Postcode
How to package parcels
Tips on improving the integrity and safety of your parcel for postage. By doing this you can minimize the chances of perforation and damage to the items within the package.
- - Seal correctly using strong adhesive or tape.
- - Use quality materials for boxes and other packaging materials.
- - Avoid unnecessary space - Select the correct size packaging
- - If there are open spaces use packing peanuts
- - If you are sending valuable item use bubble wrap or other protective materials
Details on specific couriers
Below, you can find courier-specific information that may relate to your package.
Use the quick quote system above to obtain your quote.
Many of our companies allow a collection or drop off service.
Please click here to use our Drop Off Point locator to find your nearest one and opening times
Protect your parcel up to the value of £2,500 on top of the standard £50 transit cover.
Please be aware that destinations outside the EU will require commercial invoices to be prepared to travel with the parcel(s).
We can help you with this but it is a legal requirement to allow the goods to pass through customs.
- A reliable air postal service to the majority of countries outside Europe and to P.O Boxes.
- Book, print the barcode label and drop your parcel off at a Parcelforce depot or Post Office, at a time that is convenient to you.
- Book a Collection from your work or home address for a day that suits you.
- Your parcel’s largest side can be no longer than 150cm with a combined girth no greater than 300cm.
- Inclusive Standard Liability Cover of £50 with the courier for loss/damage.
- Extra Cover is available.
- Landmark have been delivering parcels worldwide for over ten years - they are the international division of Belgium's postal service.
- Landmark handle over 3.9 billion parcels every year.
- Delivery times are significantly higher than express services, but at a much cheaper rate.
- Collection or drop-off service available.
- Standard parcel cover of £50, which is upgradeable to £2500 with our extra cover.
- This is a two-legged service - we receive your parcel at our parcel hub in Kent, and then forward to it's destination using Landmark.
- No customs forms to complete! We do all this for you at our parcel hub in Kent.
- Send parcels up to 25Kg in actual weight - volumetric pricing is in force for all Landmark services.
- Ideal for non time-sensitive parcels.
- Tracking available for all legs of your parcels.
DHL International Express
- Excellent air express service from the world leading courier DHL.
- Our premier offering from DHL.
- Typical transit times to popular destinations can be as low as 48 hours (Europe, USA, Canada).
- Very fast service, ideal for small to medium parcels.
- Although we do not guarantee it, the large majority of parcels sent to Europe and USA achieve next working day delivery.
- Extra Cover is available.
- This service delivers worldwide (and also imports worldwide) using road and air services.
- Exremely popular and stress free service ideal for large or heavy items.
- Perfect solution if you need to import parcels from inside the EU or many other collection countries around the globe.
- Door-to-door parcel delivery.
- Reliable, up-to-date online tracking.
- TNT operate a air and road service - this means you get great value for your money.
- Extra Cover is available up to a value of £2,500.
- - Collect Plus, DPD, Landmark Global, Parcelforce- £50 for Loss and Damage (Restrictions apply)
- - TNT: £50 for LOSS ONLY (Restrictions apply)
- - DHL UK: No standard liability cover with any DHL UK services
TNT Economy Express
Frequently asked questions about sending parcels to India
Below you will find questions that are frequently asked concerning sending post to India
Will my parcel pass through customs when entering India?
Just like most international parcel deliveries, you will most likely be subject to a customs check. With a customs check, you will need to provide relevant documentation. Unfortunately, there is no way around this however with the help of our service team we can help you in obtaining the documentation and explain what to do.
Can I send alcohol to India?
You may be permitted to send alcohol to India. However, you will have to provide an importing license to do this.
What happens if my package is lost or damaged?
Most of our couriers offer a standard liability cover up to a figure, usually, £50. However, you may be offered extra cover during the process of booking your parcel delivery.
Below you will find the standard liability levels:
The above explains that if a package is lost in transit, the courier company themselves will cover the items up to the specific coverage amount.