- Login / Register
How-To’s and Guides
UK Parcel Delivery
European Parcel Delivery
The UK has a population of around 1.4 million Indian citizens. Therefore, it's not hard to believe that there will be a lot of individuals wanting to send packages to loved ones and customers in India. Here we are going to help you to get an understanding of how much it might cost and help you stay up to date with any information you might need to know when considering sending a parcel.
With the help of both our great customer service team and our huge variety of popular couriers, we can help you to tailor the perfect shipping package.
High-quality, low-cost shipping to Mumbai, Goa and beyond
With India having 17.7% of the world population within their borders we aim to provide the cheapest and quickest services possible with our quick and easy quoting tool you will find above. We appreciate that there can be concerns over the timescales of getting a parcel to India due to the distance however by taking a glance at our tool you will see that it could take less than 7 days to get your parcel delivered.
We provide some of the most heavily discounted services of up to 80%. Below you will find some of our most trusted couriers that deliver to India.
Flexible delivery services for India
Just like our UK service, we can offer the option of having your package delivered to a local pick-up point close to the person you are sending the package to. This benefits the situation where the recipient might not be home to accept the package. This runs through our entire international network. When you are completing your quote you will be able to choose whichever option is easier whether it is the pick-up service or delivering directly to your recipient's door.
Postage rates for India
Due to the extremely long distance to India, prices can be more expensive than say, sending a parcel to a neighbouring country in Europe. With that being said our quick quote builder will find the cheapest possible quotes from our trusted courier services. Below you will find examples of prices you might find, based on different weights. When determining the price of shipping, the factor that can majorly affect the cost will be the weight. Please have your weight and dimensions to hand when you are building a quote.
Prices from £27.76
Book your parcel to India with Postagesupermarket and save.
Useful information for sending parcels to India
Please find below, the information you might find useful when sending your parcel to India.
How to write the address for deliveries to India
Below you will find the format that you will need to follow in regards to addressing your packaging. By doing this it will ensure there are no issues on transit in regards to the package being delivered to the incorrect address.
- - Name of recipient
- - Number/Name of the house followed by the street's name
- - Name of the locality
- - Town/City Name
- - Postcode
How to package parcels
Tips on improving the integrity and safety of your parcel for postage. By doing this you can minimize the chances of perforation and damage to the items within the package.
- - Seal correctly using strong adhesive or tape.
- - Use quality materials for boxes and other packaging materials.
- - Avoid unnecessary space - Select the correct size packaging
- - If there are open spaces use packing peanuts
- - If you are sending valuable item use bubble wrap or other protective materials
Details on specific couriers
Below, you can find courier-specific information that may relate to your package.
Use the quick quote system above to obtain your quote.
Many of our companies allow a collection or drop off service.
Please click here to use our Drop Off Point locator to find your nearest one and opening times
Protect your parcel up to the value of £2,500 on top of the standard £50 transit cover.
Please be aware that destinations outside the EU will require commercial invoices to be prepared to travel with the parcel(s).
We can help you with this but it is a legal requirement to allow the goods to pass through customs.
- Parcelforce's leading express air service.
- Excellent delivery times (typically 5-7 working days to most destinations worldwide).
- Typical deliveries to popular territories (USA, Canada etc..) within two working days.
- All parcels in your consignment are fully tracked.
- Electronic "proof of delivery" (POD) ensures your delivery arrives at the right place.
- No customs documents (commercial invoices / CN23) to produce, we produce them for you
- You will need a printer to use this service for both drop-off and collections.
- Why wait in for a Parcelforce driver to collect? Book a drop-off service and simply take your parcels to any Parcelforce depot or Post Office.
- Have your parcel collected by a Parcelforce driver from your work or home address on a day that suits you.
- Same day collection is normally available as long as your parcel(s) are booked before midday.
- Parcelforce offer a standard cover of £50 for your parcel(s). Our Postagesupermarket Extra Cover is available when booking. Fully protect your parcel and cost of postage up to a value of £2,500.
- With over ten years of experience delivering parcels worldwide, Landmark offer really cost-effective parcel delivery.
- Landmark employ over 20,000 people worldwide - they have specialists in your delivery country.
- Delivery times are significantly higher than express services, but at a much cheaper rate.
- Drop your parcel off at a drop-off point or arrange for a courier to collect from your home or work.
- You have £50 cover as standard, but you can cover the total cost of your postage and goods to a maxiumum of £2500 with our extra cover.
- This is a two-legged service - we receive your parcel at our parcel hub in Kent, and then forward to it's destination using Landmark.
- After your parcels arrive with us at our parcel hub in Kent, we check them, complete any customs paperwork and then forward to Landmark.
- Send parcels up to 25Kg in actual weight - volumetric pricing is in force for all Landmark services.
- Perfect for occasions that need a cheap delivery service and longer delivery times.
- Online tracking available.
DHL International Express
- Excellent air express service from the world leading courier DHL.
- Our premier offering from DHL.
- Typical transit times to popular destinations can be as low as 48 hours (Europe, USA, Canada).
- Very fast service, ideal for small to medium parcels.
- Although we do not guarantee it, the large majority of parcels sent to Europe and USA achieve next working day delivery.
- Extra Cover is available.
- - Collect Plus, Landmark Global, Parcelforce- £50 for Loss and Damage (Restrictions apply)
- - DHL UK: No standard liability cover with any DHL UK services
Frequently asked questions about sending parcels to India
Below you will find questions that are frequently asked concerning sending post to India
Will my parcel pass through customs when entering India?
Just like most international parcel deliveries, you will most likely be subject to a customs check. With a customs check, you will need to provide relevant documentation. Unfortunately, there is no way around this however with the help of our service team we can help you in obtaining the documentation and explain what to do.
Can I send alcohol to India?
You may be permitted to send alcohol to India. However, you will have to provide an importing license to do this.
What happens if my package is lost or damaged?
Most of our couriers offer a standard liability cover up to a figure, usually, £50. However, you may be offered extra cover during the process of booking your parcel delivery.
Below you will find the standard liability levels:
The above explains that if a package is lost in transit, the courier company themselves will cover the items up to the specific coverage amount.