- Login / Register
How-To’s and Guides
UK Parcel Delivery
European Parcel Delivery
How to Pack Your Consignment Professionally
Any consignment sent via Postagesupermarket must be packed to a professional standard.
If these guidelines are not adhered to, any claim you may need to make may be invalid.
What You Must Do
- Check for any prohibitions or restrictions on goods. For futher details please see our Prohibited items page.
- Make sure you choose the right packing materials for your parcel - e.g. boxes made of corrugated cardboard, parcel tubes for rolled paper and documents.
- Put protective wrapping around each individual item.
- Use expanded polystyrene chips, polyethylene foam, bubble plastic, crumpled aircushions or shredded paper to cushion fragile items.
- Ensure that polystyrene surrounds are used on all electrical items.
- Seal top and bottom of cartons with an 'H' seal using 48mm or 50mm wide plastic or reinforced packing tape.
- Strap (with non-metallic strapping if possible) and tape large or heavy items, and use an outer carton strong enough to withstand fully tensioned strapping.
- Include the sender's address on the outer carton/wrapper, and inside the package.
- When transporting electrical items – i.e. laptops, DVD players etc – please ensure they have the original manufacturer’s transport screws properly secured so that elements/components do not move.
What You Must NOT Do
- Don't use substandard or damaged cartons / boxes.
- Don't allow contents to move within their packaging.
- Don't allow fragile items inside a package to touch each other.
- Don't use domestic adhesive tape - you need to use proper packing tape.
- Don't strap parcels together in any way.