- Login / Register
How-To’s and Guides
UK Parcel Delivery
European Parcel Delivery
Send parcels and compare prices for the UK
Prices from £4.25 +VAT
You shouldn't have to wait until you arrive at the Post Office to know the rates and prices for what you're sending. That's why we've created the quick form tool above - no more overcharges, no more surprises!
Use the tool above to generate an instant quote, with discounts (up to 80% in some cases) instantly applied!
Whether you're looking to send a small letter or a large parcel across the United Kingdom, we have the service for you. In fact, our partnership status with some of the most popular couriers in the UK means that we can provide the same great service you'd get from them - but for much less! Need some help? This page is designed to answer any question you might have and get you sending whatever it is you need to send, as soon as possible.
Whether you're looking to send a small letter or a large parcel across the United Kingdom, we have the service for you. In fact, our partnership status with some of the most popular couriers in the UK means that we can provide the same great service you'd get from them - but for much less!
Need some help? This page is designed to answer any question you might have and get you sending whatever it is you need to send, as soon as possible.
UK postage rates and prices:
No one wants to be taken by surprise when they're at the Post Office and delivery costs triple what they planned. That's why we recommend understanding postage rates beforehand - and why we put together the quick quote tool above! Using that, you can get an instant quote for your delivery and then even book the delivery right there.
If you're in a rush, we've also provided a quick breakdown below of what some popular weights may cost when sending within the UK, which are all accurate at the time of writing:
From £4.25 plus VAT
From £5.15 plus VAT
From £6.77 plus VAT
Book your parcel to UK with Postagesupermarket and save.
The postage rates are generally calculated based on the weight and size of what you're sending, but the speed of the delivery is also a factor whether you're going with Royal Mail or a private courier. That means that if you plan ahead, you can save plenty of money on fees.
If you don't know how much your item weighs, then we've picked out six popular items that people often send using our services and estimated their postage rates below:
High quality, low-cost delivery services for the UK
You shouldn't have to choose between value and quality when picking your delivery services, which is why you only pay for the size of delivery and speed. This flexible service means that you can save money if you plan and send ahead of time, but we've also got you covered if you need to deliver something in a rush.
That flexibility stretches to your delivery options too, as items can be delivered to local pick-up points if you can't guarantee the receiver will be in their home at the time. There is also a direct-to-door option available, which cuts out the journey to the pickup location!
We offer a flexible service, whether you're sending parcels to the UK or dealing with international postage. This means that items can be delivered to a local pick-up point so the recipient doesn't need to be in their home at the time. Alternatively, the package can be sent directly to their door.
Our dedication to delivering that customer-friendly and streamlined approach to deliveries has seen major courier companies partner with us.
That partnership status means that we can offer the exact same services you'd get if you went to them directly, but for up to 80% less! As far as postage prices in the UK, you can't get much better than that.
Free cover is also available for most deliveries, so you can have peace of mind that you're covered.
Restricted or prohibited items
There are several restricted items that you should be aware of when posting with Royal Mail or any other courier within the United Kingdom. Mail needs to be safe for everyone and certain products can pose a risk to health when being transported, even if that delivery isn’t leaving the UK.
Who checks my prohibited items?
If you decide to send your items via the Post Office, you will be asked by a counter assistant about the contents of your letters or packages. This is to ensure that the items are safe to post, if you need any assistance with this you can check with customer service who will be able to guide you.
Please enter your parcel details to see the best price as well as other couriers rates.
You can learn more about our couriers and their services below, so feel free to choose the one that best meets your particular requirements. If you're going for a drop off option, please use our Drop Off Point locator to find your nearest point and its opening times.
Parcelforce 24 and 48 Hour, including Large
- Next and two working day delivery service to the UK and Northern Ireland.
- Timed services include delivery options for before 9 a.m, 10 a.m and noon.
- Your parcels can be collected or dropped off at a Post Office (excluding large).
- For the 24 and 48 services, your parcel's largest side can be no longer than 150cm with a combined girth no greater than 300cm.
- For the Large delivery option, your parcel's largest side can be no longer than 250cm with a combined girth no greater than 500cm.
- Inclusive Standard Liability Cover of £50 with the courier for loss/damage.
- Extra Cover is available.
DHL UK Next Working Day
- Next working day delivery service to the UK and Northern Ireland.
- The maximum length that can be sent on this service is 75cm and the maximum girth is 270cm.
- Full tracking available through DHL UK's website.
- There is no standard liability for loss or damage, however, extra cover is available.
- Timed services Saturday delivery, before noon, 10:30 a.m and 9 a.m.
CollectPlus Standard and Economy
- These are 48 hour and 72 hour (not guaranteed) UK delivery services.
- This service does not offer a collection.
- You can use one of the thousands of drop off locations across the country so there is no need to wait in all day for your collection.
- Simply book this service and drop off the parcel when it is convenient for you to do so.
- Hassle free postage.
- CollectPlus offer a signed for service and a non-signed for service, both of which are available for you to choose.
- If you choose the no signature option, there does not have to be anybody home to accept the parcel. The driver will leave the goods in a safe place for the receiver.
DHL Domestic Express
- Very fast and popular service, ideal for small to medium parcels.
- Timed service before 9 a.m and noon.
- This premium service is provided by the DHL International team.
- Next working day deliveries to 80% of the UK.
- Extra Cover is available.
What are the postage rates for 2020?
No matter whether you're posting a small or medium parcel, it's handy to know how much you will be paying. There are many different postage services, and depending on whether you want to send 1st class or 2nd class, the cost will inevitably vary. Here are some examples of what you'll need to pay for the postage of letters:
- A standard letter that weighs up to 100g costs 76p using stamps or 69p with a franking machine and 65p with Mailmark
- A small package that weighs 1-2kg costs up to £6.00 when posting in the United Kingdom
- A second-class letter that weighs up to 100g costs 65p using stamps or 50p with a franking machine and 43p with Mailmark
How much are a 1st and 2nd class stamp?
A 1st class stamp costs 76p to buy and a 2nd class stamp costs 65p. You can buy stamps from most shops and Post Offices too. The prices we have given are just for sending a standard-sized card or letter. However, if you need to send a large letter, you will be required to buy a stamp that costs £1.15 for 1st class postage or a 2nd class stamp at 88p.
How much is postage in the UK?
Postage in the United Kingdom varies as we've outlined in the guide above. Depending on the different types of services you choose, you can expect to pay anything from under £1 to over £20. If you need precise delivery price information, you should check individual prices for 1st class letter and 2nd class letter postage. Postage prices will also change depending on if you're using the franking machine mail mark or not.
Are stamp prices going up in 2021?
Stamp prices were increased in January 2021 with a 1st class stamp increasing by 9p to 85p and a 2nd class stamp increasing by 1p to 66p. Stamps are not due to increase in price again this year but could go up in price again next year.