- Login / Register
How-To’s and Guides
UK Parcel Delivery
European Parcel Delivery
Send a Parcel to the Netherlands
Here you will find everything you need to know in regards to sending a parcel to the Netherlands. We aim to make the process feel quick and easy while providing many benefits which you can find below. With the Netherlands being one of the top locations for travel from the UK it's fair to say that there is a demand for posting parcels.
To book a parcel for delivery is as easy as a touch of a button. Get started and build a quick quote above!
High-quality, low-cost shipping to Amsterdam, Rotterdam and beyond
International posting can often sound like it will be an expensive process. As a leading full-service postage provider we strive to provide the best possible deals. With our heavily discounted prices, we can provide you with a variety of different couriers that we are partnered with. Below you can find some of our most popular and trusted couriers. Most of our couriers have been in the industry for many years so can ensure a high-quality, no-stress service!
Flexible delivery services for the Netherlands
With the world running at 100 miles per hour in the 21st century the industry has had to adapt. We appreciate that many people aren't home when the package is out for delivery. When building a quote you will find that you can select a pick-up service. This is a flexible delivery that runs through both our UK and international service. The pick-up service entails having the parcel delivered to a local partnering store where your recipient can then collect the parcel when the time best suits them. Alternatively, we can have the parcel delivered directly to their door!
Postage rates for the Netherlands
Sending Parcels to the Netherlands can be as 14.35 which is considered a very cheap tariff for international postage. The main factor that determines the cost of shipping is the weight of the parcel. When building a quote you will be asked to provide the weight and dimension of your parcel to get exact pricing. Below you can find three quotes for popular parcel sizes that are sent to the Netherlands and how much they may cost.
Prices from £14.35 +VAT
Book your parcel to Netherlands with Postagesupermarket and save.
Useful information for sending parcels to the Netherlands
For further tips on sending a parcel to the Netherlands please refer below.
How to write the address for deliveries to the Netherlands
To ensure that your parcel arrives at your intended destination it's incredibly important you follow the correct guidelines when addressing the parcel. Addressing the parcel is similar to how you would address a parcel in the UK. That being said you can find an example of how to write an address on your package below.
- - Name of the recipient
- - The street name followed by the number of the house
- - Postcode followed by the town name
- - Country (i.e. the Netherlands)
How to package parcels
Another tip to follow to ensure your parcel arrives intact is to make sure you package the parcel securely. By doing this you are avoiding any chances of content damage or packaging perforation. Below you can find a list of different tips you can follow:
- - Use appropriately sized packaging to avoid any free space.
- - If you cannot avoid some open space in the package make sure to fill it with packing peanuts or other filler materials.
- - If the package contains valuable or fragile items, ensure you wrap it in protective packing materials (ie. bubble wrap).
- - Ensure you use good quality tape when packing your parcel to avoid wear and tear on transit.
Details on specific couriers
Below, you can find courier-specific information that may relate to your package.
Use the quick quote system above to obtain your quote.
Many of our companies allow a collection or drop off service.
Please click here to use our Drop Off Point locator to find your nearest one and opening times
Protect your parcel up to the value of £2,500 on top of the standard £50 transit cover.
TNT Economy Express
- This service delivers worldwide (and also imports worldwide) using road and air services.
- Exremely popular and stress free service ideal for large or heavy items.
- Perfect solution if you need to import parcels from inside the EU or many other collection countries around the globe.
- Door-to-door parcel delivery.
- Reliable, up-to-date online tracking.
- TNT operate a air and road service - this means you get great value for your money.
- Extra Cover is available up to a value of £2,500.
- Fast, secure and efficient road service into mainland Europe.
- Parcelforce offer £50 of transit cover as standard.
- Our superb Extra Cover is available up to a value of £2,500 - fully protect your delivery and cost of postage.
- Slightly slower delivery times than air express services but much lower cost - perfect for non time-sensitive consignments.
- Comprensive online tracking for all parcels.
- European parcel delivery in typically 2-4 working days at a lower cost than air express services.
- Send parcels to Europe up to a maxium actual weight of 30KG.
- Electronic signatures obtained by the delivery driver - make sure your parcel reaches it's intended recipient.
- Choose to drop your consignment off at any Parcelforce depot or Post Office, or book a collection.
- Collections available from any UK address - usually available the same day (if booked before midday) .
DPD European Classic Service
- A great road service into Europe.
- Transit times are a little longer than other "Express" services but the prices are lower for many destinations.
DHL Road Service
DHL International Express
- Our leading air express service from the gold standard courier DHL.
- Typical transit times to popular destinations can be as low as 48 hours (Europe, USA, Canada).
- Very fast service, ideal for time-sensitive parcels.
- Although we do not guarantee it, the large majority of parcels sent to Europe and USA achieve next working day delivery.
- Extra Cover is available - protect your parcel and postage cost up to a value of £2,500.
- Landmark are the international delivery division of Belgium's national postal service.
- We offer a range of services, with differing prices and delivery times.
- Ideal, cost effective service when you are happy to have slightly longer transit times.
- Save time as well as money by using a drop-off point to send your parcel .
- Standard £50 parcel cover is provided - like almost all our courier partners.
- You can cover the total cost of your postage and goods to a maxiumum of £2500 with our extra cover.
- Your consignment travels to our parcel hub in Kent first - we receive your parcel and then forward to it's destination using Landmark.
- We manually check your parcels, complete any customs paperwork and then Landmark perform the delivery to your destination country.
- Delivery times are higher than express services, but at a much lower price.
- Great postage rates up to 25Kg - volumetric pricing is in force for all Landmark services.
- Online tracking available.
Frequently asked questions about sending to the Netherlands
Below we have answered some relevant questions that are frequently asked in regards to sending a parcel to the Netherlands.
What if my package is lost?
Most couriers that we provide within our service offer a standard liability cover of up to a figure of, usually, £50. However, during the purchase of the quote, more often than not you will find that you can upgrade the cover.
Can I send flowers to the Netherlands?
Although the Netherlands has some of the most beautiful flowers, such as the famous Dutch tulips, unfortunately sending perishable items is restricted when sending parcels to the Netherlands. There some exception such as some seeds so please speak to our team to confirm whether your items are acceptable for postage
How much does it cost to send a parcel to the Netherlands?
To send a parcel to the Netherlands with the Postage Supermarket, can cost as little as £14.35. This is because we can identify the very best deals available from our vast range of couriers that deliver to and from the Netherlands.