- Login / Register
How-To’s and Guides
UK Parcel Delivery
European Parcel Delivery
Whether you want to send a parcel today or research the current regulations, here we are going to tell you everything you need to know in regards to posting a parcel to Japan. With over 5,000 miles between the UK and Japan, people can often think that it will be complicated to organize international deliveries.
Well, here at Postage Supermarket we aim to make it feel like a walk in the park. Below are some of our targets that we aim to achieve through our dedicated customer service team and our wide range of couriers available at your disposal.
High-quality, low-cost shipping to Tokyo, Osaka and beyond
As a leading service provider, we aim to help you find the balance between cost and high-quality, fast shipping. We are proud to say that we can provide heavily discounted services of up to 80%. With Japan being on the other side of the world we appreciate that there are going to be a concerned few. Concerned about how quickly their recipient will receive their package or how much it will break the bank.
The beauty of our quick quote builder, at the top of the page, is that we will filter through our wide variety of courier services to tailor the perfect package for you. Below you will find a handful of some of our most trusted couriers that are here to help you.
Flexible delivery services for Japan
Flexibility is something we focus on with our international services, especially with the world running at 100 miles per hour. We appreciate that the person you are sending your parcel to might be busy and unable to receive the package. For that reason, we offer a service that allows your recipient to collect their parcel from a local pick-up point. This might be familiar to A UK delivery you have had in the past. Alternatively, we can have the package delivered to their front door! This can all be specified when completing the shipment order.
Postage rates for Japan
What can affect the cost of shipping? When determining the cost of shipping the main consideration you need to take is the weight. The heavier it is, the more expensive it will be. Below are few examples of costs correlating with how heavy the package is. To get a more accurate valuation, refer to our quote builder where you will input the weight and dimensions of your parcel.
Book your parcel to Japan with Postagesupermarket and save.
Useful information for sending parcels to Japan
For useful tips and tricks in regards to sending a parcel refer to our useful information section below:
How to write the address for deliveries to Japan
If you are intending on sending a package to Japan you will ensure that you follow Japan's guidelines on how to address a package. Below you will find an example of how to detail the address. This will avoid any complications during transit.
- - Name of the recipient
- - If applicable add the Name of the building, like an apartment bldg. and room number (if applicable)
- - House number, street name, Town name
- - City
- - Postal Code
- - 'Japan'
How to package parcels
When packaging your parcel one of the main problems we find during transit, especially when it is a longer distance, is the package getting damaged. To avoid any damage to the items inside please follow the tips we have outlined below.
- - Use appropriate sized packaged which will ensure less open space inside
- - Use materials that will protect the items inside if they are fragile or valuable. (e.g bubble wrap)
- - If you do have open space in the package use packing peanuts to avoid rattling
- - Ensure that you use good quality tape when packing the parcel. Also, be generous with it!
Details on specific couriers
Below, you can find courier-specific information that may relate to your package.
Use the quick quote system above to obtain your quote.
Many of our companies allow a collection or drop off service.
Please click here to use our Drop Off Point locator to find your nearest one and opening times
Protect your parcel up to the value of £2,500 on top of the standard £50 transit cover.
Please be aware that destinations outside the EU will require commercial invoices to be prepared to travel with the parcel(s).
We can help you with this but it is a legal requirement to allow the goods to pass through customs.
- This service offers fast, secure air freight service to almost all International destinations.
- Drop-off service available as well as a collection service - once you have booked and printed your labels, simply take your parcels to any Parcelforce depot or Post Office.
- Parcelforce offer a standard cover of £50 for your parcel(s).
- Our Postagesupermarket Extra Cover is available when you are booking your parcel. Fully protect your parcel and cost of postage up to a value of £2,500.
- Have your parcel collected by a Parcelforce driver from your work or home address on a day that suits you.
- Same day collection is normally available as long as your parcel(s) are booked before midday.
DHL International Express
- Gold standard air express service.
- Door-to-door service handled exclusively by DHL.
- Global coverage - Europe and Worldwide.
- DHL parcels never leave the DHL network - this can make customs clearance quicker.
- We tend to find that the majority of parcels arrive in Europe the next working day.
- Online, real-time tracking.
- Proof of delivery is aquired electronically to make sure your consignment ends up where is it meant to go, and to who it is destined for.
- Extra Cover is available - protect your parcel and postage cost up to a value of £2,500.
- Landmark have been delivering parcels worldwide for over ten years - they are the international division of Belgium's postal service.
- Landmark handle over 3.9 billion parcels every year.
- Delivery times are significantly higher than express services, but at a much cheaper rate.
- Collection or drop-off service available.
- Standard parcel cover of £50, which is upgradeable to £2500 with our extra cover.
- This is a two-legged service - we receive your parcel at our parcel hub in Kent, and then forward to it's destination using Landmark.
- No customs forms to complete! We do all this for you at our parcel hub in Kent.
- Send parcels up to 25Kg in actual weight - volumetric pricing is in force for all Landmark services.
- Ideal for non time-sensitive parcels.
- Tracking available for all legs of your parcels.
Frequently asked questions about sending to Japan
Below are some questions that are frequently asked by individuals who have sent or considering sending a parcel to Japan:
Can I send food to Japan?
In short, yes. If you are considering sending a food item to Japan there a few different guidelines you will need to follow. Primarily the food needs to be in its original packaging and the packaging cannot be tampered with. Also, the item has to have a shelf life of 6 months or more. For more details take a look at Japan's official customs site!
Can I avoid customs when sending to Japan?
Just like any nation's customs, it is necessary to have a customs protocol take place on your items when entering Japan. These regulations will have items that are prohibited and restricted which is why we recommend having a skim through their customs site if you have any concerns over your package and its contents. You will also need to provide customs documentation. The good news is, on the placement of your shipment order we can provide any documentation you might need.
How long does shipping take to Japan?
When considering the delivery timescales it's entirely based on the weight of the package and how much you are willing to spend. It can take as little as 5-7 days however the price will increase with a more premium service. To tailor a package that's best suited to you please use the quote builder at the top of the page